Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Snorkeling on Isla Islote

At long last, I made it out to the island (also called La Pena) which is a couple miles from shore, and is the one you see in many of my beach photos. Emily, Luke, friends Jeanie and Dennis, and I took a water taxi and spent four hours there. At first, we were the only ones there on this little beach of fine sand and clear water. Then more water taxis dropped tourists off, but most stayed an hour or two only. We had the big blue umbrella (very necessary, due to only a couple shaded areas), beach mats, beverages and snacks. The snorkeling was fun, as it was only my third time doing it, and Dennis' first. There were two statues on rocks at the beach. We walked up a trail higher up to where an old restaurant was, but is non functioning now, and the view from there was pretty. It was lovely to see the mountains and towns of La Penita and Guayabitos from the island. On future trips there, I would want to spend even more time relaxing at such a gorgeous place.

I must give credit to the great photos taken by Emily: the next seven (except the one of her snorkeling taken by Luke), girl in pink suit, and the final shot.



Me looking for shells behind Jeanie

Emily



Puffer fish





View from old restaurant


View coming down the trail


Statue on rock


Another statue




Luke and Emily


Leaving the island

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

testing

Anonymous said...

I was able to comment using the "other" identity option and put in your name and comment and press publish your comment. it should work.

Anonymous said...

Lovely shots, Linda.