Thursday, August 16, 2007

Hammocks, Lime Pie, Funny Bug


Just a few glimpses into our life as of late. A lot of lying around. The be
st way to cope with the heat of August is to lie in a hammock and try to catch some breezes and fall asleep. Even Sheila has caught on!

But lately we have been enjoying our key limes from our tree and I made another key lime pie
today to bring to our friends' for dinner. They are grilling some spiny lobsters, and I haven't had lobster in a year. Can't wait.

I'll share the recipe with you
(Joy of Cooking), it is simple, especially if you just buy a pre made graham cracker crust if you are desperate. I have not yet made the meringue. It was easier to just whip a mango/lime puree in the blender for contrast.







This monster appeared on our patio recently and I couldn't believe how odd it was. Never saw anything this strange in Minnesota, for sure.


For your information, he is only about 1 inch in length. The cats were a little curious, but didn't try to play with him or eat him.

You maybe haven't seen me lately, since I seem to do most of the photographing and blogging, so hello!

and Goodbye! Til next time.

1 comment:

Emily & Luke said...

How about a new blog post - its been awhile.