Seems we are just so in love with our new kitties. We take so many photos of them, it is as if they are just like first born humans! I recall the hundreds of pictures we took of Emily the first child, and that was before digital. I am so happy we got two sisters at the same time, for they take care of each other and entertain us.They have a new nap area up high, in the front room, so they can also keep an eye on the outdoor scene (the flowers and iguanas sometimes eating the hibiscus flowers), the plants moving in the wind). That is Sheila on the left and Sharmaine to her right as you look at them.
They quickly reco
vered from their surgery, and tear around the house wildly chasing each other and leaping and flying from one chair to the next. Curiosity being their thing, Sheila discovered the roll of toilet paper and loving to curl up into small spaces, she began to chew on the paper. The new toys Victor bought are becoming boring so we will put some away, and they are enjoying the tinfoil balls again, their first toys. When I hang out the laundry in the back patio, I let them outside to get some sun and run and play in the dirt and plants, and chase geckos. I am just afraid to leave them alone out there, in case they discover they can climb the palm tree and escape!They really like Victor and here the three of
them are napping in the hammock together.Notice the white towel. This is their nursing rag. When they want to suck on our clothes or skin to fall asleep, we have to give them their towel. They knead it at the same time and sometimes just keep sucking it for quite a while. We read it isn't good to let them nurse on our skin and when Sharmaine does it on my arm, it really tickles. Now that they are over 4 months old, we wonder how long they will keep up this nursing compulsion. Maybe when we move and they are allowed outdoors, it will lessen. I don't mind except for when one wants to be in my lap at the computer and insist on nursing, so I try to work while she sucks her towel in my lap, and kneads. I will put her down somewhere else to sleep, but she comes right back to my lap.

3 comments:
Cute cats. They sound like troublemakers. Did you get them a scratching post yet?
Not yet, but good idea. Next home they can wander more, and be outside so that will be good for them.
Hi Linda and Victor. Mom and I just read about the kitties. Mom said that Victor looked "catatonic" in the hammock. Great photos on all the posts.
Luke
Post a Comment